How to Start from Page Generation Scratch?
MPG: The Multiple Page Generator is a mass page generator that enables you to create unlimited and unique landing pages in bulk. Simply type in “MPG” on the search bar of the WordPress directory and click on the MPG icon or name to have it added to your WordPress dashboard.
Step 1. Create Project From Scratch
When you first install the MPG WordPress plugin, you will be presented with a choice of creating your first project From Scratch or from several available templates. Most users would select the From Scratch option when their data set is in CSV, Excel, or Google Sheets formats. First, from the MPG plugin dashboard, under Create New+ tab, let’s hit the From Scratch option.
Create Project “From Scratch”
Step 2. Set template
- Set a Project name. Name your template so it’s easy for you to identify what content you are trying to generate. Your project name won’t be visible anywhere else.
- Select the entity type. Select the type of content for your template. MPG supports all entity types in your WordPress installation, including posts and pages, but it also supports any custom entity created by any other WordPress plugins. Many plugins create custom entities for portfolios, landing pages, e-commerce shop pages, etc. You can generate any of those with MPG.
- Select the template page or entity you wish to use as a template for the generated content. MPG will replace any shortcodes when accessing the site through the generated URL accordingly to your source file.
- Optional: Add the template URL to robots.txt exclusion. It’s highly recommended to exclude the template page from being indexed by search engines as it contains shortcodes. All other generated pages will remain visible.
- Hit Save Changes. The Source tab will now appear underneath.
Setting up the template
Step 3. Load Source Spreadsheet
There are two options for uploading your source file.
Option 1 – Direct link.
- Load any Google Sheet or .csv file available on the internet. Make sure the file has public access enabled.
- Optional for PRO Users: Select periodicity if you wish to automatically periodically update the Source from the provided URL.
- If Optional for PRO Users setting is chosen, set how often MPG will fetch the dataset above.
- Optional for PRO Users. Set the date and time when MPG should first attempt to fetch your file.
- Optional for PRO Users. MPG can send a notification each time after it fetches your dataset. It can be on error or every time it fetches.
- Optional for PRO Users. Specify the email address which we shall use to notify you if opted in.
- Press Fetch and use
Loading source file with direct link
Option 2 – Upload file.
Hit the Browse tab and select an xlsx, csv, or o.ds file from your computer which contains your source data.
Step 4. Data preview
Quickly glance at the Data preview. Click the “Preview” button to view all of the data collected from your spreadsheet.
Preview data on MPG
Step 5. URL Generation
In this step, we will set up the format for the permalinks of our generated pages (i.e. URLs format).
- The field Enter URL is used to form your permalinks. Add at least one shortcode from the “Insert shortcode” dropdown list. Feel free to separate shortcodes with a slash, dash, underscore, or custom text.
- Select default separator. The default separator will replace any unsupported characters and spaces in your shortcodes when generating URLs.
- Look at the URL preview to make sure the formed URL is in the desired format.
- Save changes. Click on the “URL preview” link to check a sample of newly generated pages. Each row will generate its own URL based on the shortcodes specified.
URL Generation on MPG